I am very pleased to announce that Nelson Canario has accepted the position of Vice President with Instructional Methodologies, as of August 1, 2015. He has already made his presence felt.
Among his immediate contributions have been:
- Updating and re-designing our company website
- Re-conceptualizing our business cards to make us more unique and customer-friendly
- Developing new training courses to expand our offerings in the areas of his expertise
- Continually challenging the status-quo with new and refreshing ideas
Nelson has lived and worked in China for more than five years as an English teacher and Director of Studies. In his most recent positions, he managed private English-language schools. His experience includes:
- Coaching high-potential individuals for future management positions (and seeing three of those individuals promoted)
- Designing and implementing continuing professional development for staff members at various organizational levels
- Managing large intercultural teams
An accomplished trainer and coach, Nelson will be specializing in English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL), Business English, Spanish, Chinese and Intercultural Communications.
Nelson graduated with a BA from The College of Wooster, with a major in East Asian Studies/Chinese language. Subsequently, he obtained the Trinity certificate for teaching ESOL, and the International Diploma for Language Teaching Management, jointly granted by the University of Queensland, Australia and the University of Cambridge, England.
Please join me in welcoming Nelson to Instructional Methodologies!
Marianne T. Canario
Instructional Methodologies of Ohio, Inc.