Instructional Methodologies of Ohio, Inc. (IMI) was founded in 1992 by Marianne T. Canario.
We provide customized, company-specific training on a variety of communications-related topics:
- English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL)
- Intercultural Communication
These are some of the audiences our training has targeted recently:
- Business managers/division heads
- High-potential individuals
- Foreign-born professionals
- Engineers / other technical people
- IT professionals
- Health-care providers
- Administrative staff
Marianne founded Instructional Methodologies of Ohio, Inc. (IMI) in 1992. Her experience includes more than 20 years of creating customized training in communications skills for local and international companies.
Part of what makes Marianne an outstanding trainer is her belief that training can’t stand in isolation, but must be transferred to the workplace. As such, Marianne always begins the development process with a needs assessment of participants. The result is a highly interactive program that is unique to each group of participants, based on actual client work. Training is specifically designed to meet the express needs of her clients.
Some of Marianne’s successes include:
- Customized group training in business writing, including composing effective e-mails that really get results
- One-on-one language coaching in English and in Spanish, for business executives
- Foreign accent reduction coaching for individuals from Asia and Latin America
- Developing and leading Spanish immersion trips to various Latin American countries
Marianne has lived and traveled extensively throughout Central and South America.
Marianne holds an MBA, with a specialty in international business management, from Baldwin-Wallace University, and earned a BA from The College of Wooster, with a major in Spanish.
Ask IMI to help you and your company achieve your local/international business goals!
Nelson has lived and worked in China for more than five years as an English teacher and School Director. Since joining us in 2015, Nelson has been a great asset to IMI.
Some of Nelson’s contributions have included:
- Coaching non-native business executives to improve their English communication
- Developing/delivering English classes to non-native speakers at various levels
- Coaching individuals and groups in conversational Spanish
- Delivering high-quality training sessions in Business Writing. In a recent session,
- 100% of participants strongly agreed that Nelson provided useful tips and techniques.
- 96% of participants strongly agreed that implementing the techniques Nelson taught would have a positive impact on their work.
- Developed new courses in:
- Public Speaking/Presentation skills
- Intercultural Communications
Nelson graduated with a BA from The College of Wooster, with a major in East Asian Studies/Chinese language. Subsequently, he obtained the Trinity certificate for teaching ESOL, and the International Diploma for Language Teaching Management, jointly granted by the University of Queensland, Australia and the University of Cambridge, England.
Nelson looks forward to helping you and your company achieve your local/international business goals.
Marianne T. Canario, President
Instructional Methodologies of Ohio, Inc.
4110 Parkside Drive
Cleveland, OH 44144-1317
Phone: (216) 351-4601
Fax: (216) 351-4567